The Deadwood Mickelson Trail Marathon expects 3000 participants in our weekend of events including: a 2-day Health and Fitness Expo, both a Full and a Half Marathon, a Marathon Relay, Kids Marathon, Fast 5K and kids 1K races.
As the largest sporting event in South Dakota, we are looking forward to another record breaking event weekend. In order to make the Deadwood Mickelson Trail Marathon a top US destination marathon, we need your help. Our organizing committee has already begun planning. Also, we can customize our sponsorship packages to meet you goals and objectives and to create maximum exposure for your company. Here is how your company can get involved:
OTHER WAYS TO PARTICIPATE:
- Participant Goodie Bag Sponsor: Each participant will receive a race bag with promotional items and also to use as their drop bag for the start of the race. Estimated cost is $1500
- Kids Marathon Sponsor: Our Kids Marathon is a program we started in 2009 to promote fitness and fun in school age children. Each participant runs or walks 25 miles before the Final Kids Marathon 2K on race day. This distance equals a marathon distance of 26.2 miles. All participants receive a t-shirt and Marathon Medal. Sponsorship cost for T-shirts and Medals is $1000
- Host an Event or Reception:
- Volunteer Thank You Party- Recognizes the contributions of the over 200 volunteers that make it happen!
- Post Race Celebration- An opportunity to celebrate the successful completion of a great race.
- Awards Ceremony- Held immediately after the race to present the over-all and age-group winners with their well-deserved prizes.
- We need Runners and Walkers: Support a healthy work environment by recruiting runners and walkers to participate in any of our 4 events. We will be offering an on-line free training program beginning in January to help your employees in their successful completion of their race.
- Be visible in our finish line/reunion area: Any company with at least 20 participants will have the opportunity for a finish line area to congratulate your employees for their accomplishment. For example, you could have a special tent set up in the finish area to use as a gathering place to offer food and drinks to your participants, massages, or have drawings for door prizes. Or, offer incentives like a casual day or lunch to participating employees
We are always looking for other marketing opportunities including TV and print advertising and will ensure that sponsors will receive the maximum exposure available.
Yearly Marketing Plan
Sept-June: Promotional E-mails Past Participants Nationwide
Dec -April: Poster Distribution: Black Hills Area plus Regional (ND, SD, MN, IA, CO, WY, MT) and Nationally by mailing to past participants to distribute locally
Jan -April: Flyer Distribution 10.000 Black Hills Area plus Regional (ND, SD, MN, IA, CO, WY, MT) and Nationally by mailing to past participants to distribute locally
Oct. -June: Event Website Worldwide
June: Event Shirts 3000 Estimated 80% regional and 20% Nationwide
Another important benefit of becoming a sponsor is the association of your business or product with a positive, health related community event. Nationally, distance running has become one of the most popular pastimes for people of all ages and abilities. Marathon Participants reached almost half a million in 2008.
For more information, please contact Emily Wheeler at (605) 390-6137 or by email